Better late than never...getting down notes on idols from my "get-away" conference in Sept...convicting!
"We make something an idol when we inflate it and ask it to be God-like"
- If I can't have it, am I still content?
- What do you organize your life around?
- What do you want or crave or wish over?
- What are you willing to sacrifice a large amount of time or money to obtain?
- What do you fear losing?
- What do you rejoice over?
- What makes you angry or frustrated?
- How do you define sucess or failure?
- Where do you go for comfort or safety?
Then, identify, confess, and repent; you have to replace the idol with God.