Monday, December 3, 2007

They're on a roll

Even though we've been home for a week, the kids have not let up in making us laugh with the things they say. I'm going to keep up with recording these gems on here -- Eric and I will have them to remember, and maybe those who are still reading can enjoy them with us.

This week's winner:

Set-up: Levi and I are cleaning up after breakfast. I am distracted and half-listening.

Levi (looking out window): Mom, I think we should make our own maple syrup.
Me: Umm...I don't think we have maple trees? Do we?
Levi: Yes we do -- they're right out there, mom!
Me: But, um, we'd have to tap them and run the lines and do all the boiling...
Levi: We could do that, mom, it wouldn't be that hard.
Me (still trying to figure out how to get out of this): Ummm....(lightbulb in head finally goes on)...Oh! Levi, but we don't have the right kind of maple tree. It has to be a sugar maple.
Levi (pauses for about 2 seconds): Well, we could just do sugar-free!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe. Good one.